The Bachelor of Music with a concentration in Education degree prepares students for entrance into a Bachelor of Education program with the ultimate goal of becoming elementary, junior high, or high school music teachers. Students acquire skills in instrumental, choral and classroom music teaching. Music Education students demonstrate a high level of skill in music performance, musicianship, technology, and a broad-based knowledge of instrumental and choral disciplines, and an understanding of Orff and Kodaly methodologies. Upon completion of a Bachelor of Education degree, music education students find employment in public school systems across Canada and internationally.
- Elementary and Secondary music education
- Instrumental or choral streams
- Training on all orchestral and band instruments
- Intensive conducting workshops
- Opportunities to conduct Acadia’s large ensembles